Mini Spinach and Feta Sandwiches:
- Brown bread – 6 slices
- White bread – 6 slices
- Spinach leaves – 2 bunch
- Hung curd – (tie about a cup and a half of curd in muslin cloth and let it drain) – 1 cup
- Mustard paste – 2 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 2-3
- Salt and pepper
Mini Spinach and Feta Sandwich’s Recipe:
These fun and dual tone mini-sandwiches make for a quirky but colourful dish on the plate. Slathered with a delicious and healthy filling, these will be a sure shot hit with the kids.
1. Chop spinach into thin shreds.
2. Now heat olive oil in a small vessel and add garlic to it. As the aroma rises, toss in the shredded spinach and cook till just about wilted. Now remove from heat
3. Cool the spinach and then add feta cheese to it. Keep it aside.
4. Whip the hung yoghurt with seasonings, honey and mustard.
5. Spoon on to the spinach-feta mixture and mix well.
6. Slice off the bread sides and butter them on one side. Proceed by placing all the brown breads on a flat platform with the buttered side up.
7. Spoon about a tablespoon of the spinach-feta filling on each of the brown bread slices, top with the white bread slice with the buttered side down.
Now cut the sandwich diagonally into four triangles. Repeat for all.
Check other healthy recipes