Carb. per serving 20g
Prep. 10 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken thighs
- 10 curry leaves, washed
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, brunoised
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 dried whole red chilies
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Steam chicken for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Add oil to pan, preferably a non-stick one. Heat.
- Crackle mustard seeds in oil.
- Add all the ingredients except the chicken and tomato puree.
- When the onions are soft, add tomato puree and cook on low heat, covered for 15 minutes adding a little water as necessary, stirring every few minutes.
- Add chicken, stir well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve.
Tip: For a healthy meal, non-vegetarian meal, roast, bake, broil, or simmer meats and drain fat after cooking. Don’t fry.