Carb Per Serving 360g
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
- 2 cups poha
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves, washed
- 1/4 cup carrots, brunoised and blanched
- 1/4 cup peas, shelled and blanched
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Put poha in a sieve and drizzle water over it so the flakes are well soaked
- Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds.
- Then add heeng and curry leaves.
- Add onions and fry till they are soft.
- Add turmeric powder, tomatoes, chilies, and salt.
- Cook while stirring for three minutes.
- Add soaked rice flakes and mix well.
- Add blanched peas and carrots.
- Take off from the heat.
- Stir in some lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.