The following list of information is collected based on user submissions:
When Members register at the Sites, registration information including but not limited to name, email, nickname, city and country
- Members can voluntarily enhance their personal profiles on the website through various ways including but not limited to uploading a photo, expressing their interests, self descriptions, information about their children
- Members may also provide personal information when they use various tools like due date calculator, ovulation calculator
- Content including text, graphic, materials, messages contributed by the Members during their use of the site through journals, groups, reviews and ratings.
The following information is collected automatically:
- Information sent by your browser when you visit the Sites including but not limited to Internet Protocol address, browser type, operating system type, the content you access
- Like many websites, WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM’s Sites also use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk. WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM’s Sites use “persistent cookies” to save your login information to future access to the Sites and “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the sites and to make the experience customized for you. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of our services.
- We also use web traffic analysis tools from Google (Google Analytics) which may log similar automatic information as above.
Personal Information is used for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Sites, features, content and services
- To administer your use of our Sites
- To personalize your experience
- To assist you and other Members and Visitors share content with each other and learn from each other
- To send you updates about the Sites, content, messages and features. You can opt out of these updates by editing your profile through My Page.
- To help Members like you discover what your friends are doing on the Sites. You can choose who will be your friends on the Sites.
Information Sharing and Transfer
Your photo, video, city and country will be visible to all Visitors to the site. You can choose not to provide a photo and instead use a generic graphic.
All content you contribute to the Sites, except to discussions in private groups, will be visible to all Visitors to the site and is thus in the public domain.
When you generate content (journals, comments, discussions, reviews, ratings) automatic updates are sent to Members who you have specifically accepted as your friends. These updates cannot be turned off.
Any enhanced personal profile information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want Members to know about you. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information and we encourage Members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their enhanced personal profile pages and in the content they post. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Service Providers, Business Partners and Others
We will not sell your name, or your email address to anyone.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the services on our behalf, to perform Sites-related services (including but not limited to maintenance services, server management, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Sites features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Sites, content and services are used. These third parties have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
We may provide content from the Sites, including content contributed by you, to third parties for commercial gain. The selection of third parties will be done only after careful consideration. When this is done, we will provide only the profile information that we make available to Visitors to the Sites. Any personal information you made available as part of the content you contributed (journals, groups, reviews etc.,) may also be transferred to these third parties as we have no way of filtering that out.
We will use anonymous, aggregated data for normal business purposes or in dealings with other parties.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including all information and content you provide, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, or update the information provided in their registration or enhanced personal profiles by accessing their account.
Members also have the ability to delete journal entries in their journals and replies they have made in discussions.
Members also have the ability to terminate their membership of the site. Their registration information, enhanced personal profiles, journal entries and replies in discussion groups, and all friend relationships are deleted on membership termination. All other information including but not limited to comments they made in the journals of other Members or former Members, reviews of products and service providers, any ratings they made on the Sites will all continue to remain on the site but will no longer be identifiable as belonging to an individual unless the Member added personally identifiable information in the body of the content.
Where WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM terminates a Member’s registration, for violation of the Terms of Services, we may keep their email addresses on record to prevent them from becoming a Member again.
WWW.PARENTSINDIA.COM may make archives of the Sites and all the content, logs, and any other server information, in the normal course of business. Any changes made by Members to their profiles or termination of their membership will not be reflected in the archives, which are snapshots in time.
The Sites are not directed to anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will terminate their memberships.