Modification of Terms of Service:
You acknowledge and agree that parentsindia.com may revise these Terms of Service from time to time, without prior notice. By continuing to access or use the Sites, Content, or Services after parentsindia.com makes any such revision, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms of Service. If any modification is not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using and/or accessing the Sites, Content and Service.
Eligibility and Age:
While a number of parts of the Sites, Content and/or Services are available for use without registering, some parts may require registration should you wish to access and use them. If you choose to register, you will provide accurate and complete registration information to become a member of the site (“Members”). Failure to do so, is a violation of this Terms of Service and at its sole discretion parentsindia.com may terminate your account immediately. You will be responsible for updating your registration information if it changes.
Parentsindia.com reserves the right to determine and/or change, solely at its discretion and without prior permission or prior notice, which parts of the site require registration.
The Sites, Content and/or Services are for personal non-commercial use unless a different use is authorized in writing by a director of the board of parentsindia.com. Commercial and/or for-profit organizations like companies, businesses, and/or service providers may not register on the Sites without the prior approval of parentsindia.com. Collecting email addresses of members for purposes of advertisement, solicitation or spam is prohibited.
Code of Conduct:
parentsindia.com is a community of parents. Merriam-Webster starts by defining community as “a unified body of individuals” and that is what we are. We are different people, linked by the shared passion of parenting, and the common history, heritage and culture of India, though we are located everywhere across the globe.
It is our responsibility to ensure this community flourishes and is a welcoming place for all parents. To foster this, every member of the community will follow this Code of Conduct.
- Be a role model for your children. Act exactly as you would want them to – with good manners, politeness and mutual dignity and respect for other members of the community
- Respect and accept that opinions, practices, beliefs vary from individual to individual.
- You have a right to disagree with another. If you wish to express your disagreement, debate the opinion or position, logically and calmly.
- Do not attack any person, irrespective of whether they are a member of the community or not.
- When you comment or respond, stick to the topic of the original poster.
- Do not bring stereotypes, hate, discrimination, bigotry, rumours, slander, offensive language and offensive content to the community.
- Do not post graphic, gruesome, or offensive images.
- Do not violate anyone else’s privacy.
- Welcome new members to the community. Make them feel a part of the family.
- No solicitation please.
- Make friends but choose them wisely and with care.
- Don’t randomly invite other members of the community to be your friends and don’t be offended if someone you hardly know turns down your invitation.
- Respect copyright. Do not copy-and-paste someone else’s work without permission. If you use another source as a reference, mention it clearly and give them credit.
- Feel free to report any violation of this code, by pressing the button with the red flag, that you find everywhere in the community. We will review it, and assess it and at our sole discretion, take action. In the case of groups, the group managers will perform this role.
This Code of Conduct can be updated at any time. Every member of the community is bound to an updated version as soon as it appears on this page.
Guard Your Password:
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Sites, Content and Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify parentsindia.com of any loss or unauthorized use of your password.
Parents India’s Property:
All right, title, and interest in and to the Sites, Content, and Services are and will remain the exclusive property of Parentsindia.com. The Sites, Content, and Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of India and other foreign countries. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, you may not reproduce, modify or prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, or otherwise use the Sites, Content, or Services. You may not copy or modify the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Sites. You may not use the Sites, Content, or Services on or in connection with any other website, for any purpose.
Content you post and Rights Granted:
You, and not parentsindia.com, shall be solely responsible for all text, messages, graphics or material that you upload to the Sites, Content and/or Services (“Member Posted Content”). You and not parentsindia.com, assume the complete liability for your Member Posted Content.
You represent and warrant that you own, or have the necessary license, consent, permission, and right to use and post Member Posted Content on the Sites and that you have the right to use all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights in and to all such Member Posted Content, in order to permit inclusion and use of the Member Posted Content on the Sites as contemplated by this Terms of Service.
Parentsindia.com, at its sole discretion, may delete or block access to any Content including Member Posted Content, without notice and without liability.
You retain all of your ownership rights in Member Posted Content that you post to Sites. However, by virtue of your Member Posted Content appearing or having appeared on Sites, you grant parentsindia.com a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub licensable (through multiple tiers), and transferable license to store, copy, distribute, aggregate, prepare derivative works of, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, archive and use the Member Posted Content in connection with parentsindia.com’s business, including without limitation, the promotion and redistribution of the Sites, Content and/or Service and derivative works through its business partners, affiliates or any media channel and in any media format known now or in the future for any commercial purpose. This also includes any capability or business arrangement that parentsindia.com creates to allow search engines or other third parties to crawl, index and/or cache the Sites, Content and/or Services.
You also grant to anyone who accesses the Sites a non-exclusive license to access the Member Posted Content through the Sites and/or Services and to use such Member Posted Content as permitted by this Terms of Service.
Parentsindia.com may at its sole discretion provide you the technical capabilities to remove a subset of your Member Posted Content from the Sites. These capabilities are subject to change at any time, at parentsindia.com’s sole discretion, without prior notice. Removal of any Member Posted Content from the Sites and/or Services will not remove it from any archives that parentsindia.com may have made of the Member Posted Content as part of maintaining and administering the Sites, Content and/or Services.
Parentsindia.com is also not responsible for removing Member Posted Content from the databases of any search engines or third parties that may have crawled the Sites and may have cached the Content. Parentsindia.com is also not responsible for removing Member Posted Content that maybe distributed in online and/or offline media formats under a business arrangement which existed prior to removal of the Member Posted Content.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Sites, Content or Services:
– Post, publish or transmit any text, messages, graphics, or material that: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another’s privacy; (iv) is adult, obscene, pornographic, or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group or religion or caste; (vi) infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights or copyright or trademark; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Sites, parentsindia.com’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of parentsindia.com’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Attempt to access or search the Sites, Content, or Services with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by parentsindia.com or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari);
- Send unsolicited email, junk mail, “spam,” or chain letters, or promotions or advertisements for products or services;
- Post text, messages, graphics or materials that are sales offers, advertisements, or promotions for products or services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Sites, Content or Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Sites, Content, and/or Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Sites; or
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Parentsindia.com will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above, including intellectual property rights infringement and security issues, to the fullest extent of the law. Parentsindia.com may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms of Service. You acknowledge that parentsindia.com has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Sites, Content, and Services, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Sites, to ensure your compliance with these Terms of Service, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
Parentsindia.com has the right but has no obligation to screen Content, including Member Posted Content before displaying it on the Sites and/or Services. If notified of Content which allegedly does not conform to these Terms of Service, parentsindia.com may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Content.
Accuracy and Completeness:
The Content on the site is posted by parentsindia.com and/or it Members. You understand that while parentsindia.com will attempt to provide current, accurate and complete information in the Content and/or Services, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate or complete or current.
When posting Content, parentsindia.com references various information sources and suppliers, some of who are mentioned in the Content. Parentsindia.com does not make any representation or guarantee that these sources provide complete, accurate or current information.
Members also contribute to Content by various methods including but not limited to writing journals, posting comments, starting discussion groups, starting and replying to discussions, adding products and service provider listings, reviewing products and service providers. Parentsindia.com makes no guarantee or representation that Members provide complete, accurate or current information.
You understand that all Member Posted Content is the opinion of that member or any external source they have quoted or referenced, and is not the opinion of parentsindia.com.
Any references made in the Sites to any names, marks, products or services of third parties or hypertext links to any third party site or information do not constitute or imply Parents India’s endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the third party, of the quality of any product, service, advice, information or other materials displayed, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Sites, Content and/or Services.
Parentsindia.com respects the intellectual property of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide parentsindia.com’s Copyright Agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Sites, Content or Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Parentsindia.com’s Copyright Agent may be reached at
Details of the Concerned Person:
If you violate any of these Terms of Services, your permission to use the Sites, Content, and Services will automatically terminate. Parentsindia.com reserves the right to revoke your access to and use of the Sites, Content, and Services at any time, with or without cause. Parentsindia.com also reserves the right to cease providing or to change the Sites, Content, or Services at any time and without notice.
Use of the Site at Your Own Risk:
Your access to and use of the Sites, Content, and Services is at your own risk. Parentsindia.com will have no responsibility for any harm to your network, site, business, computer system, loss of data, or other harm or exposure to offensive material that results from your access to or use of the Sites, Content, or Services.
The Site is Available “AS-IS”
THE SITE, CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PARENTSINDIA.COM EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
PARENTSINDIA.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS.
PARENTSINDIA.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES, CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES, CONTENT OR SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM PARENTSINDIA.COM OR THROUGH THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Limitation of Liability:
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PARENTSINDIA.COM NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT PARENTSINDIA.COM HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PARENTSINDIA.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, PARENTSINDIA.COM WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITES, CONTENT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF PARENTSINDIA.COM TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITES, CONTENT OR SERVICES IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO PARENTSINDIA.COM FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN PARENTSINDIA.COM AND YOU.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify and hold parentsindia.com, its subsidiaries, directors, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Sites, Content and/or Services in violation of this Terms of Service and/or arising from a breach of these Terms of Service and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or arising from Member Posted Content you post on the Sites, Content and/or Services.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
The failure of parentsindia.com to enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction:
These Terms of Service and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of India. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of these Terms of Service will be the courts of Delhi, State of Delhi, India, and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
These Terms of Service are the entire an exclusive agreement between parentsindia.com and you regarding the Sites, Content, and Services, and these Terms of Service supersede and replace any prior agreements between parentsindia.com and you regarding the Sites, Content, and Services.