We would like to know the age of the child. Any recurrent or prolonged symptoms are very significant, especially when related to the chest. Prolonged congestion would indicate that the child is allergic rather than having repeated infections. Evaluation by your paediatrician or a paediatric pulmonologist is recommended. She may require preventive medicines which are either oral or inhaled. It would be possible to opine only after evaluating the child. Nebulisation at home is safe, but again self-medication is not recommended. It could be given in case your doctor advises it. Frequency of nebulisation depends upon the medicine being used.
Babies, toddlers are very gentle and prone to cough and cold. Many kids even get diarrhea very often. As mothers we must follow some very simple yet effective daily routine care, which can help us make our babies strong and healthy.
• We must frequently wash our hands with hand wash soap
• Give bath to the baby everyday.
• Give clean and well-cooked food
• Always use purified water
• Keep clothes of kids clean and sun-dried
• Vacuum Clean your home to remove the possibility of breeding of dust allergens that are a cause for frequent cough and cold